Favorite SS circuit with M7 capsule?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JW

Just wondering (in the event of having too many M7 capsules, a nice problem to have) what is your favorite SS circuit, let's say for all-round duties?, recording some but not necessarily all of the following: acoustic guitar, percussion, bass, electric guit, drums, room sounds?  Anybody try a few with M7 type capsules?

U47fet?
KM84?
Schoepps?
Geffel UM70 (that would be cool. Don't think I've seen a DIY version)

Anything else?

Just looking to build a couple SS circuits, fairly cheaply to make something useful. . .

Bock iFet. Has two great circuits built in one mic. There's no schematic available, but if you put some thinking into it you might figure out how to do it relatively easy. ;)

Hmmm. Says it's switching between two circuits, implying the 47fet is one? . . . what is this mysterious "V" circuit? In one of those gigantic U47 bodies on ali express one would imagine.

kingkorg said:
It's u47fet and km84 circit.
Modified, of course. Hat's off to ONE person seeing that they were two circuits, not one with tone controls.
BUT it's a k47 not an M7. Are there any SS M7 mics? Neumann never sold any.

Hats off for everything you've achieved with that mic! I just praised you in the other thread, so i won't repeat myself :D

I believe Gefell makes some, not sure. Since k47 and M7 are closely related, work well in flat circuits, i can't imagine wanting anything more than something like iFet circuit to go with it.

Latest posts

Back