Feeler: Group buy of 3U SDC capsules all 3 patterns (mxl 603 body)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad this isn't for the ones that fit the bansai km84. I'd buy those. As a matter of fact I think I will, even without a discount
do those still sell? been looking for them but cant find any (the banzai kits, that is)

Last edited:
If it's still possible I'd like to buy a pair of Cardioids. I'm in Italy but during summer I should come to the US so I think we could organize a local shipping

We are quickly approaching capacity. I have emailed Guosheng to both keep him posted on quantities and also inquire about import taxes from AUS to USD. I'm hoping I can accurately estimate the cost of import duties so I can keep to single payment transactions between myself and other members here, and also try to get prepayment to help ensure I'm not out a few grand while waiting for payments etc. To this end, if anyone has concerns about trusting with the groupbuy, I can provide info about who I am via group message, links to ebay accounts that can be verified, whatever...

If anyone has experience and knows of ways to accurately predict import taxes, please DM me. I previously thought that packages needed to be valued under $800 if one were to avoid any taxes, but looking at some links today on US Customs it seems like there may be no import duty?! Trying not to get my hopes up...

I'm in for 2 Cards, 2 Hypercards. - Both matched pairs please

Thanks for doing this Klem!

- just to clarify: looks like his Flat Cardioid SDC mics (distinct from his Cardioid) are a function of components in the mic amp and not the capsule, so probably using the same Card capsule between his Flat and Airy versions. Can anybody help to confirm this for me?

It's also worth noting for anyone looking for cheap 603s: The MXL 991 is said to be identical. They come as a set with 990 mics, and together I've seen the sets go around $30-50 pretty regularly.

Last edited:
brief update, cardioid very close to being closed (at 50).
hypercardioid and omni at 27 and 25 - nearing max discount on those as well - great!
this is assuming everyone that wants one pays, guosheng is fine with quantities, etc.
i have many other things going on this weekend, but will check in w/ thread as possible.

We are quickly approaching capacity. I have emailed Guosheng to both keep him posted on quantities and also inquire about import taxes from AUS to USD. I'm hoping I can accurately estimate the cost of import duties so I can keep to single payment transactions between myself and other members here, and also try to get prepayment to help ensure I'm not out a few grand while waiting for payments etc. To this end, if anyone has concerns about trusting with the groupbuy, I can provide info about who I am via group message, links to ebay accounts that can be verified, whatever...

If anyone has experience and knows of ways to accurately predict import taxes, please DM me. I previously thought that packages needed to be valued under $800 if one were to avoid any taxes, but looking at some links today on US Customs it seems like there may be no import duty?! Trying not to get my hopes up...
He ships with UPS so actually predicting that's hard because UPS charges you seemingly arbitrary amounts because they add on a massive brokerage fee in addition to the typical duties and taxes. With the stuff Guosheng has sold me I paid about $20 for the import (that's including the brokerage fees), I can't remember what he declared the value of the mic at though. I've seen UPS charge like 50% of the value of the goods for their fees (I've heard stories of more, UPS was trying to charge a guy on Reddit 450£ for a gift thay was worth around $150 USD, the actual duties on that amount would've been around 40£, he checked online). Let's say we get 100 pieces, and declares the value at $30/pc, that's a value of $3000, so I'd expect at least a few hundred.

For an order like this I'd request that he use a company like FedEx if possible, because I haven't seen extortionate fees from them (I've only ever been charged like 15% of the value of the goods by FedEx, and I assume most of that is the actual taxes owed and no brokerage fee, I paid $170 CAD in duties on my C414 ULS which I paid about $1200 CAD for, but I've been charged $200 on a $400~ dollar computer by UPS before). Or maybe he'll declare the value low enough that it won't be an issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back