FEELER: Moby´s T14/1 and C12A transformers reincarnations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Moby,
What is your goal with the t14 transformers, go to today's haufe's 'colored' sound or do it more clear and linear like the cinemag cm13114?

TLRT said:
Hello Moby,
What is your goal with the t14 transformers, go to today's haufe's 'colored' sound or do it more clear and linear like the cinemag cm13114?
Hi mate, thanks for asking this.  The goal is same as with the Bv.08, 11, 12... To make the transformer sounding like the vintage ones from 50-60's. New versions, so called modern ones sounds OK but from my point of view they miss some "magic", "mojo" or whatever it's called. I experienced that when I replaced the burned vintage T14/1 in my C24. It sounds OK, but I lost some excitement in the low mid.
The sound is in the iron (ok, in the Nickel in this case ;) )  and of course in the winding techique.

Hey guys, just the small update. At first  Vac 11 and I believed that U11 and T14/1 share the same laminations and we projected the quantities and the prices based on that fact. But unfortunately, that's not true as I mentioned before. Totally different beasts. Since the initial idea was to make U11 and T14/1 was injected as the "helper" we kept this alive but with small compromise. U11 will be made with the  +/- 1mm difference in size (DU laminations as the original, same ratio same DCR) and T14/1 stays as the original (L laminations) but we must make some price corrections.
My calculation is:
U11 65EUR with the minimum of the 20 pieces and T14/1, 60EUR with the final quantity of the 50 pieces. Also, one person limit is 4 pieces.
I hope this does not change too much on your side. If someone quits, please post, if you are still in, no need to post, we are waiting some more people to reach the numbers :)
Cheers!

Hey guys, we reached 52 pieces with T14/1 and that means that we must close  T14/1 orders, but to make all possible we must somehow reach 20 pieces of the U11 . I presume that people are not familiar with the C12A but it really sounds unique. Don't pass it ;)

Latest posts

Back