FEELER: Moby´s V2545 transformer reincarnation CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the old school fabric/tar tape I thought was NLA long ago. Where did you find that stuff?
Cool project, BTW; been lurking on this one;-)
Exactly, the fabric tape, I'm not sure what you mean by "NLA". This one I have is the NOS one bought from the local guy who's father winded the transformers.
I hope I will find some more (somewhere) by the same thickness and quality. TBH, I really like it!

Dunno the exact characteristics but maybe ask your local bicycle shop. They sell cotton fabric adhesive tape for handlebars that looks similar.

Dunno the exact characteristics but maybe ask your local bicycle shop. They sell cotton fabric adhesive tape for handlebars that looks similar.
Thx. Yes, possible, but it's hard to find exact width - thickness. This one was perfect :)

Question! The original transformer had holes through the laminations for mounting.
Will these recreations share that detail?

regardless of that… what do we think would be the best way to source or fabricate mounting hardware for use in a C12-style mic body?

Question! The original transformer had holes through the laminations for mounting.
Will these recreations share that detail?

regardless of that… what do we think would be the best way to source or fabricate mounting hardware for use in a C12-style mic body?
Yes, exactly the same laminations shape and dimmensions (including holes) is under the development. So, same as the previous transformer I made, this one will be the "aftermarket replacement part". Fully compatible with the vintage SM204 hadrware.

amazing! Now I just have to figure out how to get some brackets fabricated :)
I'm sure someone will offer option for it. It's hard to predict all possible bodies and mounting options inside them. Maybe to DIY. At least, that's the charm of the DIY microphones.

Hey again. Here is the most interesting situation in this kind of "business". Take a look what happened after the heat treatment. The middle part of the lamination is literally welded. Complete batch must be trashed... wish me luck with this, and sorry, it will take some time to fix it. mic.jpg

Back