FEELER: Moby´s V2545 transformer reincarnation CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys,
resending of the V2545 transformers is starting. First 5 pcs parcels already sent. Check your email for tracking info.

Best

Milan

soapfoot 2pcs sent
murdock 2pcs sent
lampas 4pcs sent
buttercup 2pcs sent
JerryPbury 2pcs sent
burdoto 1pcs sent
geareyes 4pcs sent
doqmemory 2pcs sent
johnchantler 2pcs sent
TLRT 4pcs sent
tomas.borgstrom 2pcs sent
hazmatstrat 4pcs sent
ratite 3pcs sent
maarvold 4pcs sent
Mike O 2pcs sent
mad.ax 1pcs
imrc 2pcs sent
Hannes Wagner 3pcs sent
Kwinn 4pcs sent

Attachments

• IMG_20221012_194746.jpg
    IMG_20221012_194746.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Dear Milan I want to thank you again, because you did so great logistics here. You are the man :)
Thanks Moby for your hard work. Cooperation with you was pleasure.
I think (in this nice autumn) its time for Siemens SM204 clone designing.

Last edited:
My transformers arrived today!

I haven't gotten to see them yet as I'm out of town until Sunday, but I've gotten confirmation that they're home safe. Thanks again to all!

Whoever has got these coming, get excited. I'm holding them in my hands for the first time and they look fantastic.

Mounted in my FLEA bodies (which have admittedly had a touch of mechanical modification to move the transformer lower on the body rails), they just barely (but definitively, and with no rubbing) clear the body tube when it slides on (just like the originals).

They're works of art! Can't wait to hear them...

@Moby I have a question about the secondary winding.

There are two thick orange wires and two thin orange wires.

Looking at the document on your website:

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 8.03.25 PM.png

Does this indicate that for 200 ohm output, I link the two thinner (outer) wires, and use "Ia" as the start and "Ib" as the finish? ooking at the wires left-to-right, I assume "Ia" is second from left and Ib is third from left?

Or is it that "A" is start, "E" is finish, and I leave "Ia" and "Ib" as n/c?

Thanks so much for any information!

I don’t think you have to link anything as this is not a double winding where you can hook it up in parallel or series. So just use the two outer wires “A” and “E”. Look where the wires come out of the bobbin.

@Moby I have a question about the secondary winding.

There are two thick orange wires and two thin orange wires.

Looking at the document on your website:

View attachment 99839

Does this indicate that for 200 ohm output, I link the two thinner (outer) wires, and use "Ia" as the start and "Ib" as the finish? ooking at the wires left-to-right, I assume "Ia" is second from left and Ib is third from left?

Or is it that "A" is start, "E" is finish, and I leave "Ia" and "Ib" as n/c?

Thanks so much for any information!
Hi, @Murdock's reply is correct. Use A & E for 200ohm's and leave Ia and Ib floating.
Edit: insulate the ends of the "floating" wires so they don't touch something ;)

Last edited:
Whoever has got these coming, get excited. I'm holding them in my hands for the first time and they look fantastic.

Mounted in my FLEA bodies (which have admittedly had a touch of mechanical modification to move the transformer lower on the body rails), they just barely (but definitively, and with no rubbing) clear the body tube when it slides on (just like the originals).

They're works of art! Can't wait to hear them...
Please post some photos here when you finish with installing the V2545. Of course, sound impressions are also welcome :)

Latest posts

Back