• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feeler: Original style 1081 cases

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in a 2 unit rack mount option for the 1081's. But also am interested in a vertical 8 unit for the 1073/1084s... Looking good API!

Hi and thanks!
Not sure if i ever will be able to make a 2 unit rack for these, to much work i am afraid.
A 8 slot 1073/1084 would be easier to do once i have solved the connector thing.

Here is the link to the info/order thread.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=68585.msg873169#msg873169

Hi guys.

Sorry for the slow activity, have been busy with my normal job and family.
I will call my friend tomorrow to see what is going on with the pcb.

I still need a few orders before i can start production of the chassis, but hopefully soon!

Hi guys.

I am still here!
My life have  just been to busy with other things than DIY the last six months.
I am ready to set things in motion and have been for a while, but i just want to make sure that i have the time and funds to go through with it before i start.
I dont want this to turn into a mess, there is to much money involved and its a complicated process to make all the parts, so then iwould rather wait a little longer.
But again, they will be done!

If there's a pre-order list, please add me to it, thanks —much obliged.

Ravachol +3 for metalwork, buttons, faceplate, transformer holders

Cheers, nice work! Kudos API :thumbsup:

Hi guys.

Long time since i logged in here.
I am sorry that i never fulfilled this project in the past 2 years, but my life took another direction and i have built up a small business from scratch in another field, so that have taken all my time.

I do however still have plans to do these cases if there is interest.
I have all drawings ready and a great prototype and also all other things figured out.
But i cant say when i have the time and money to get it all going, but hopefully in the first half of 2020.

My main reason to not do it before was that i did not want to end up in a situation where i had takin in alot of prepayments and would not be able to deliver, or not to be able to pay my suppliers.
Its a big operatin with several suppliers and big money, so it was a risk i could not take then.

Hope to be back here soon again!

We have made very close reproductions of the 18 way male and female connectors for these and many other Neve modules. Tested to 500V insulation and 1mOhm or less of contact resistance for a mated pair. Neve 18 Way Connector Male and Female Amphenol 18 pin Neve 1073 133-018-21 143-018-01

These cases look amazing, they hit all the hallmarks that repro Neve cases never do. I would be overjoyed if this moved forward or perhaps I could speak to the person that put all this effort in directly? It is for a special project I am working on for a very special Neve.

Thank you so much,

James Rowell

Latest posts

Back