FFBE-32-02-242 (Famous Four Band Eq)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john12ax7 said:
Very nicely done.  For the pots are those Bourns 9mm? And where did you get tiny knobs?

Cliff FC7249, 10mm diameter black anodized aluminium for 6mm knurled shaft.
there's a siam knob, s111 i believe, that has a 10 mm but is for 4mm shaft.

I'm putting together the first batch of eq, it will be 8x FBE-32, 8x FBE-02, 8x FBE-242.

i will add details and photos tomorrow

These are the images of the three eqs.
The front panels are digitally printed.
FBE-02 and FBE-242 have the option to use through hole or surface mount components. FBE-32 is only through hole.

FBE_All.jpg

FBE_Front.jpg

Any idea where the cost is going to fall?

They look great! Are production units going to have printed faces as well?

Mulmany said:
Any idea where the cost is going to fall?

They look great! Are production units going to have printed faces as well?

Mulmany, the cost is going to be around 250€ per kit. but i have the doubt of wether sell a complete kit or a partial kit with a mouser cart for components.
I believe that the printed front panels are a good compromise between costs and appearance, and the printing should be very durable, i think i'd stick with it

Paolo

I really like what you've done here with the modular design – having different IO and filter options makes for a very flexible and attractive package.

Will you be offering PCB-only sets for those who prefer to roll their own panels (or to build a pair into a 1U with stepped stereo switches  ;))? If so I would definitely be interested in a few sets of the Harrison 32!

TwentyTrees said:
I really like what you've done here with the modular design – having different IO and filter options makes for a very flexible and attractive package.

Thank you!

Will you be offering PCB-only sets for those who prefer to roll their own panels (or to build a pair into a 1U with stepped stereo switches  ;))? If so I would definitely be interested in a few sets of the Harrison 32!

No problem with PCB only sets, just be aware that in order to have a balanced input output you'll also need the IN-OUT pcb that comes with the 500 series set or else find another solution for that.

pahstah said:
No problem with PCB only sets, just be aware that in order to have a balanced input output you'll also need the IN-OUT pcb that comes with the 500 series set or else find another solution for that.

Excellent, thank you for the quick response. When these are ready I'm definitely interested in a couple of sets of filter PCBs + IO PCBs, possibly with a couple of partial kits as well. Great stuff!

Sorry for my absence but i've just moved to another place and i'm trying to put everything together again, the project is alive.

Paolo

Hi to all,

i'm in the final stage of gathering everything for the first batch of kits that will be like this:

8x  FBE-32
8x  FBE-02
8x  FBE-242

these will be PARTIAL kits with: pcbs, knobs, all potentiometers, front panel, cabling and the IN/OUT pcbs for 500 series compatibility.
I've prepared three different  Mouser carts with everything else needed to complete each build.

For IN/OUT pcb I will prepare four carts with the different options: one for that 1646 output, one for 1246 input . one for studer input and one for api output. You will choose which one you want to utilize.

Price will be 220 € per kit plus shipping.
mouser cart should be around 40 € for eqs, still to be determined for IN/OUT options.

Paolo

Latest posts

Back