Filterbox 500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice project!

I assume there're clicks&pops when switching the output? Are they very audible?

Since I´m using small signal relays the switching is barely audible. These relays are fast and sit downstream of the output driver  which has fairly good DC precision. The coupling cap into the DRV134 is a foil type cap which has close to no leakage, hence supports the chip´s DC precision.

Progress in this project is very slow currently, due to some difficult health issues in my family. As soon as all this is sorted out I´m going to continue with finetuning. I´ve been using the thingy  in the studio on a project and I´m not yet happy with how the tilt sounds. It needs more adjustments to sound more "invisible". At a certain point it sounds "EQed" and not as natural as I know it from Gyraf´s G23 which I have in the studio.

jensenmann said:
Since I´m using small signal relays the switching is barely audible. These relays are fast and sit downstream of the output driver  which has fairly good DC precision. The coupling cap into the DRV134 is a foil type cap which has close to no leakage, hence supports the chip´s DC precision.

Progress in this project is very slow currently, due to some difficult health issues in my family. As soon as all this is sorted out I´m going to continue with finetuning. I´ve been using the thingy  in the studio on a project and I´m not yet happy with how the tilt sounds. It needs more adjustments to sound more "invisible". At a certain point it sounds "EQed" and not as natural as I know it from Gyraf´s G23 which I have in the studio.

Nice!

I hope everything will be fine soon with the health issues!

Cool thingy! I have one thought though - you have a polarity reverse switch, but then mention that the tilt eq flips the polarity and thus needs another stage to "right" it. Could you not skip that stage and just relabel the switch so reverse is normal and vice-versa? Or does that stage also act as a buffer between the tilt and filters?

Latest posts

Back