Finding noise…

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for make and model, unfortunately leaving that to guesses this time unless people want to dm me on it as not long ago I got a strongly worded letter from some company about discussing their tech. While I normally don’t cave to that, since a friend works there don’t want him in trouble
Wow! talk about free speech. (n)

yeah I know.
might have to go back to using *&@ and other characters between names and making searching a pain in the ass but allowing to freely discuss things.
I don't care what the brand of that SKU is... the fault was an IC they purchased from some major manufacturer so maybe tell us the make of the bad IC. :cool:

JR

Well, you need to understand that you are asking us for help, and one of the best ways we can give you help is to know the make and model number. When I questioned you on the in circuit tester you would not supply that model number either. As to a manufacturer sending you a stern letter, what were you doing? Disclosing their IP? That would deserve a letter. Otherwise general discussions on this forum should be able to freely mention models and brands. Stuff breaks, its good to get a sense of how often 'Maker X' stuff breaks, then people can make better purchase decisions. I have criticised Apogee several times on this forum, never had a letter from them.

what were you doing? Disclosing their IP? That would deserve a letter

Only if the original poster was employed there. Anything that can be discovered by inspecting a legitimately purchased product is fair game for discussion.
I would name and shame a company just for being stupid enough to suggest otherwise.

Well, you need to understand that you are asking us for help, and one of the best ways we can give you help is to know the make and model number. When I questioned you on the in circuit tester you would not supply that model number either. As to a manufacturer sending you a stern letter, what were you doing? Disclosing their IP? That would deserve a letter. Otherwise general discussions on this forum should be able to freely mention models and brands. Stuff breaks, its good to get a sense of how often 'Maker X' stuff breaks, then people can make better purchase decisions. I have criticised Apogee several times on this forum, never had a letter from them.
at no point did I name names or disclose any IP. that's not how I roll. sorry for making it so difficult.

Latest posts

Back