Fitting headers into breadboards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

Recently I have been playing around with some small micros like the Arduino range. The smallest usually have headers soldered to them and I have seen several project examples where these are simply plugged into the usual white plastic breadboards everyone seems to use these days. I have a few of these breadboards but none of the micros on headers I have will fit into the breadboards. The pins seem to be too fat. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Ian

New breadboards can be a bit tight in the beginning, but I have no problems pressing in the usual square pin headers. You could try widening some of the holes with a single pin/resistor leg and see if that helps.

It should fit. Use a hammer.

Just kidding of course. Use force and it will fit. But those headers will waller-out the sockets a little so maybe use your oldest / crappiest BB. And be careful trying to get it out - that's a great way to give yourself a serious finger prick (or 3 spaced 0.1" apart). Pry it up with some angled tweezers.

Back