Fitting smaller PCB into larger mic body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wordsushi

If you have a PCB with the kind of standard mounting holes that makes it perfect for most generic MXL's like the V63M or 2001. and would like to install it into a nicer, much wider body, like the SYT-5 in Chunger's shop, what would be the best way to do it?

cheap quick and dirty: Suspend it on zip ties.

nice and more robust: Build a supporting frame out of plastic/acrylic/pcb board that allows to mount the small PCB on the frame, and the frame in the body.

"Middle of the road" method: use two strips of blank PCB material, drill holes in the appropriate places to fasten them to the small PCB and to the mic chassis ;)

Great suggestions, guys! Much appreciated.

Should I also make sure there is a proper ground connection across whatever adapter from the chassis rail to the pcb mounting hole as well?

It definitely won't hurt.

If you're gonna use PCB pieces, i'd use those with the copper layer facing the chassis (assuming it's single-sided material).
"Live" PCB to the "adapters" should make good-enough contact through the screws/nuts you clamp them together with.

Wordsushi said:
Great suggestions, guys! Much appreciated.

Should I also make sure there is a proper ground connection across whatever adapter from the chassis rail to the pcb mounting hole as well?

Back