Flooding in Western Europe

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were lucky insofar that only our basement was flooded for a few hours. Fortunately I was right there at the time and able to react, so most of my studio located down there (which I had almost finished installing during the last two months) survived. And our insurance contract is good (at least on paper)...

We've got a few deep holes in the garden now though. The underground was slowly eroded. And above ground gravel beds, lawns and the road (house is located on a slope) were one big torrent of water at the worst time. I've never seen anything like it.

We got off comparably easy. Some of the worst hit areas are within 30-60 minutes driving distance. The scope and scale of the distruction in some areas is unbelievable.

Before wednesday, climate change only meant summers were way too hot and winters too mild here to me...

Wow, hope the worst is behind you... Last week I was in a microburst unlike anything I've ever seen on US East Coast. 37c to 23c in less than a minute.

We were lucky insofar that only our basement was flooded for a few hours. Fortunately I was right there at the time and able to react, so most of my studio located down there (which I had almost finished installing during the last two months) survived. And our insurance contract is good (at least on paper)...

We've got a few deep holes in the garden now though. The underground was slowly eroded. And above ground gravel beds, lawns and the road (house is located on a slope) were one big torrent of water at the worst time. I've never seen anything like it.

We got off comparably easy. Some of the worst hit areas are within 30-60 minutes driving distance. The scope and scale of the distruction in some areas is unbelievable.

Before wednesday, climate change only meant summers were way too hot and winters too mild here to me...
That's frightening to think that your basement with your studio flooded, yet you got off comparably easy. I read about flooding near Cologne. Devastating.

In western Canada where I live, we have the opposite problem: intense heat and no rain. There are forest fires everywhere.

Glad you got through relatively unscathed Living Sounds , hopefully rumblings of future lockdown type scenarios related to climate change can be avoided down the line .

Hi Delta ,
Ive a cousin who lives in Fort Murray Alberta ,Canada only for her husband being a righteous mofo with a chainsaw and clearing all trees within distance of the property they'd have been looking at a pile of ash a few years ago , many of their neighbours relocated after their properties were destroyed .

Back