found simple software for stripboard/veroboard and perfboard layout creation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1954U1

Hi,
I've found "DIY layout creator", a very useful and simple freeware software
[there is a CVS java based open source linux version too].

I've tried it, its really great IMHO, because its ingeniously focused on stripboard/veroboard and perfboard layout projects too,
unlike other bigger softwares.

a quick google search and you will have more links than you can shake a stick at...pretty good program, I used it before i went eagle and home etch.

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=865

Dont laugh but is there anything available where give it the schematic and it lays it out for you....and then solders it..na Im jokin about the solder part but not the first bit

There are some programs that do auto layout and routing but they're not that smart about not routing signal through buzzland. There are some where you place the components on your virtual PCB then does the routing for you but again, it doesnt know not to route your audio signal through buzz laden territory. ( the pay for version of Eagle does this) Its generally best done by hand. If you use auto route, you need to thoroughly check the way the program routed and make corrections to avoid this but good layouts can be a real pain.

Latest posts

Back