• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free to a good repair home: Edge terminated capsule (needs a repair)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwayfair

I have an edge-terminated capsule (from Studio 939 IIRC) that I slipped while removing one time. One of the membranes has a dent in it that touches the backplate.

It's yours if you want it and can repair it.

I’m sure it’s far too late, but I’d definitely like this if you happen to still have it. Thanks!

Lelandletham said:
I’m sure it’s far too late, but I’d definitely like this if you happen to still have it. Thanks!

I do actually still have it. PM me if you like.

If the diaphram is mylar you could perhaps try gently heating it.    If you do this with drum heads it removes dents.  Might mess with the tension a bit but what have you got to lose if it needs replacing anyway.

Rob Flinn said:
If the diaphram is mylar you could perhaps try gently heating it.    If you do this with drum heads it removes dents.  Might mess with the tension a bit but what have you got to lose if it needs replacing anyway.

Oh, it's completely buggered.I actually just removed the dented one since I figured it was going to get replaced.

Latest posts

Back