From small things big things come!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenGiles

3630.gif

Work in progress - some way to go yet!
Stephen

Lower left corner, the 2 amps after the inverting amp: you have a voltage follower gain +1 across an inverting gain -1 amp outputs tied together. What is the intention of this circuit ?

Alex

The lower 2/3rd's portion of the schematic seems to be the sidechain circuit. I think it's a compressor using a THAT 2180?

[quote author="VacuumVoodoo"]Lower left corner, the 2 amps after the inverting amp: you have a voltage follower gain +1 across an inverting gain -1 amp outputs tied together. What is the intention of this circuit ?

Alex[/quote]

a meter driver? Gain reduction meter?

[quote author="VacuumVoodoo"]Lower left corner, the 2 amps after the inverting amp: you have a voltage follower gain +1 across an inverting gain -1 amp outputs tied together. What is the intention of this circuit ?[/quote]
...Well, it will kill the two op-amps, that's for sure! :green:

Keith

Yes - it is the aforesaid 3630 kindly provided by Peter Lazero a couple of weeks ago. What you have on the original, as is often the case, is a very wide spread of circuitry which they have reduced greatly in order to get it on to A4, with the result that it is very small. What I am doing is doubling up on one, maybe two lines of circuitry, so that the end product is clearer. What we have so far is more of an outline in order to get the complete circuit into a readable form. I think we will need an element of guesswork as to part values in some areas of the circuit, and certainly in respect of all opamps, which are not labelled at all! More anon........and don't rush me!
Stephen

FROM SMALL THINGS (BIG THINGS ONE DAY COME)

At sixteen she quit high school
To make a fortune in the promised land
She got a job behind the counter
In an all night hamburger stand
She wrote faithfully home to mama
"Now mama don't you worry none"
From small things, mama, big things one day come

It was late one Friday
He pulled in out of the dark
He was tall and handsome
First she took his order, then she took his heart
They bought a house up on the hillside
Where little feet would soon run
From small things, mama, big things one day come

Oh but love is fleeting
It's sad but true
But when your heart is beating
You don't wanna hear the news
She packed her bags
And with a Wyomie County real estate man
She ran down to Tampa
In and "El Dorado Grande"
She wrote back home, Dear Mama
Life is just heaven in the sun
From small things, mama, big things one day come"

Well, she shot him dead on a sunny Florida road
When they caught her all she said
Was she couldn't stand the way he drove

Back home lonesome Johnny prays for his baby's parole
He waits high on the hillside
Where the Wyomie waters roll
And his feet and almost grown now
A blue-eyed daughter and a handsome son
Well from small things, mama, big things one day come
Well from small things, mama, big things one day come

Catch the Dave Edmonds version!

Nice, after all these years the 3630 will be uncovered...

Do I understand it correctly that this is first of all about drawing what's inside the stock unit - or will eventual mods be thrown in the schematic right away ?

Peter

No, this initially about drawing the circuit from the copy donated to me and then ironing out the component values I can't read, then someone making some sense of what is going on in the side chain - perhaps we should send a draft to Alesis with suggested mods!!!
Stephen

No, this initially about drawing the circuit from the copy donated to me and then ironing out the component values I can't read, then someone making some sense of what is going on in the side chain

Perfect, will be a nice starting point.

perhaps we should send a draft to Alesis with suggested mods!!!

:grin: That would be a nice one. :grin:

I don't know if they still make it, I thought I saw several DSP-like comp/lims from them.

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back