Front Panel Designed 6.33

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
No longer in NY and below the Mason Dixon line.
So today I went to work on a panel and when I used the Draw Rectangle dialog, I noticed there was no OK button on the bottom of the dialog box to accept your settings. The Line and Ellipse dialog both had OK buttons.

Has anyone else seen this? It could be unique to the linux version. I called them and they had me email a pic, so hopefully they'll fix it soon.

No, works for me, using the 6.33 appimage. If the button is maybe just invisible, does pressing enter work to successfully close the dialog?

One bug that does seem to stay for me with each update is missing icons on OK and cancel buttons, but that doesn't really inhibit any functionality.

volker said:
No, works for me, using the 6.33 appimage. If the button is maybe just invisible, does pressing enter work to successfully close the dialog?

No, if I click on the gray area of the dialog box and hit enter nothing happens. Otherwise hitting ENTER just activate whatever field you were working in like selecting the size of something or a color, etc...

It seems to be that on the linux version they didn't make the dialog box long enough to display the OK button, so maybe TABBING to the next field and hitting enter will work. That is if the button is just hiding, and not missing.

What OS are you using?

What is your screen resolution? I had a similar sounding problem when I installed FPD on my chromebook. The first dialog, where you set the dimensions of the panel, is big the OK button is off the bottom of the screen. I think because it is a modal dialog box it does not automatically get scroll bars if some of it is off page. So you have to tab the right number of times and press enter to hit OK.

On my main Linux box with a large hi res display 6.33 works fine.

Cheers

ian

Ricardus said:
No, if I click on the gray area of the dialog box and hit enter nothing happens. Otherwise hitting ENTER just activate whatever field you were working in like selecting the size of something or a color, etc...

It seems to be that on the linux version they didn't make the dialog box long enough to display the OK button, so maybe TABBING to the next field and hitting enter will work. That is if the button is just hiding, and not missing.

What OS are you using?

Arch and Manjaro.

You don't need to have the OK button focussed, any text field will do to press Enter, since the button is set as the default control to confirm.

ruffrecords said:
What is your screen resolution? I had a similar sounding problem when I installed FPD on my chromebook. The first dialog, where you set the dimensions of the panel, is big the OK button is off the bottom of the screen. I think because it is a modal dialog box it does not automatically get scroll bars if some of it is off page. So you have to tab the right number of times and press enter to hit OK.

On my main Linux box with a large hi res display 6.33 works fine.

Cheers

ian

The dialog is big, but I can drag it across two virtual workspaces to display the whole thing, and it's clear the button is just missing. The OK button displays fine when using the Ellipse drawing dialog or the Line drawing dialog from the same drawing button.

Latest posts

Back