Front Panel Library Project.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecr4ne

I am hoping this will be the beginning of a collection of Front Panel/Faceplate files for those who might want to DIY their own panels without having to do the work of digitally re-creating what's already out there. Hoping it will become a pinned thread like the "Technical Documents" part of the forum. I don't have anything to contribute yet, but have a friend working on a file for a Valley People Dynamite, which I will share upon completion.

If you've got vector files of faceplates, please share them!

***NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE***.
For those willing to share things you've created and sell commercially, that is certainly welcome, but for those of us who are taking advantage of the resources provided by others, please be respectful of this and keep it DIY.

I had this idea a while back but i figured a lot of people would't want to give away their panels for nothing.
I got about 150 front panel files in my library. Most of them i did on my own which took a lot of time and effort.
If there is enough interest i am willing to share them. I could make a new thread. Where would be the best place to upload?

Thanks for the support!

Of course I don't want to take business away from anyone who's producing panels professionally. But in the spirit of DIY, it would be a nice reference for those who may have access to tools like a laser cutter/etcher, or want to try their hand at screen printing and just want to crank something out with markings on it, even if it's not fully color matched to the original and all that.

weiss said:
Where would be the best place to upload?

Good question. I'm not sure how file hosting works here in the forum, but I do know other threads have a lot of sadly dead links, and consideration should be taken to avoid that for this project.  archive.org maybe, to ensure longevity? I know collections can be uploaded, but I don't know about collaborative management of a single collection. 

I uploaded all my files for the people who are interested.

I split them into modules (api,neve) & rack gear and then categorized it further.

Here is the link to my front panel collection: LINK

Here are front panel files from the member Rocinante: LINK

Please no commercial usage of the designs.
I can keep this list updated. If you want me to upload your designs, let me know!

Hope this can make things easier  :)

Whoa! Weiss! Amazing! Thanks so much!

I'd like to reinforce that this is NOT for commercial use. For those willing to share things they've created and sell, that is certainly welcome, but for those of us who are taking advantage of the resources provided by others, please be respectful of this and keep it DIY.  I'll amend the OP to reflect this as well.

Weiss, thank you for offering to upload on behalf of others for now, but I'd like to encourage further discussion of a central collection where this can be managed and curated appropriately. 

(I'm traveling for the holidays so I may be unresponsive for the next 3 weeks, FYI)

Rocinante said:
I too have a lot to share. I also have some work others have done that were well done. Weiss how can I share my files?

just send it to me and i'll upload it to the directory if you like or you could upload it yourself somewhere

matriachamplification said:
Well done! Can we add files for commercial made products popular in DIY?
Great to have a single source for these to reference.

We can add to this Library none the less.

What do you have in mind? I don't see a problem with recreating panels by yourself as long as you don't use it commercially

Fantastic, thank you Weiss!

I have a few things I’ve been working on that I’ll post after the holidays. Wish I had access to my computer :(

I’ll post a link to these after New Years:

Pultec Chassis/Front panel
Ampeg B-15 amp chassis/Cabinet
Rackmount 1073
Fairchild Chassis/Front panel

Cheers,

Michael

First of all, sincere thanks to Weiss for sharing his collection of FPDs  :)

Apart from him, did someone else share stuff or is there an actual Collection happening somewhere?

Cheers
Sono

sonolink said:
First of all, sincere thanks to Weiss for sharing his collection of FPDs  :)

Apart from him, did someone else share stuff or is there an actual Collection happening somewhere?

Cheers
Sono

Oooh. I have some different Bo Hansen DI panels to contribute.  These panels are sized to use with the off-the-shelf Hammond 1455N1201 enclosure.

Latest posts

Back