Front panel maker (rotary engraved anodised aluminium, to 19" x 5u and beyond)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julian-F said:
Spot on - thank you.

My request has been for the above part, but cut for a specific pcb. 

As i understand the request, the panel components are PCB mounted, so the distance between the front edge of the bracket (the short side), and the PCB mounting holes in the long side must be perfectly related to one another.

Of course, even the thickness of the metal used will (if it cant be compensated for by using washers) push the PCB mounting holes further back, or bring them further forwards.

As i said above, if i can offer the customer a total solution it will be more attractive to them, however, it seems that the 'cheap' bracket is actually more of an engineering adventure than the cosmetically important front panel.

(i dont think that the customer can just drill their pcb mounting holes in-situ either, as there are other cut-outs on the lone side of the L)

true. it takes a few tries to get it right, and sadly, this is costly.
just recently i repeatedly made a stupid mistake when converting a 3D CAD to 2D CAD for my laser cutting machine.
long story short, my customer ended up getting the enclosure he ordered almost free  :'(

Just in case anyone is interested, some new kit on its way here -

2806_collection_1.jpg

More of interest to people who would like significant numbers, rather than 1-offs, or smaller runs.

Its unlikely that it will be properly installed for a month or so, but, watch this space...

Oh, and for those of you not instantly familiar with Natgraph units, its to do with print (rather than engraving) 

: )

Govinda Doyle said:
can you engrave raw brass and cut?

Its possible, but no one has asked me for years and years, and I'm optimised for aluminium.

If it were a job of value, I would re- acquire the correct tooling (I would borrow the mills from a colleague previously, but they are no longer available) but I would be reluctant for a small cut.

I also do not keep brass in stock.

But it is possible.

As a side note, for my own hobby (as in not for money) I am getting into metal casting.  I am only doing aluminium currently, but wish to progress to casting in brass.  I suspect I will renew my tooling for brass on the CNC machines if / when that happens anyway!

Back