Front Panel Manufacturer That Can Anodize

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdraudio

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has a company they deal with that can make a one off front panel and post anodize / black brushed aluminum. I have used Front Panel Express, but they can't post anodize, so all edges are silver. Thanks.

Hi Mark,
I'm pretty sure it's possible to have Front Panel Express do that for you. I've never had it done myself but I've seen a blurb explaining the way how on their site.

I think you have to create 2 files, one with the pre anodized stuff on it, then one that you've first selected as "use customer material" with the post anodized stuff (printing , engraving etc.)

And add a note in remarks that links the two files or something like that.

They can probably help you sort it out.

Hope you're well and doing OK.

FPE also does powder coat, which I would think would be post milling.

The issue with one offs always ends up being pricing, since the finishing is often a lot charge.

Hi Mark,
I'm pretty sure it's possible to have Front Panel Express do that for you. I've never had it done myself but I've seen a blurb explaining the way how on their site.

I think you have to create 2 files, one with the pre anodized stuff on it, then one that you've first selected as "use customer material" with the post anodized stuff (printing , engraving etc.)

And add a note in remarks that links the two files or something like that.

They can probably help you sort it out.

Hope you're well and doing OK.
Wow! Nice to hear from you. I hope you're well and ok also. I assume you're living in the UK, and are referring to Schaeffer AG in Berlin ( sister company of FPE ) They will do it, but I spoke with FPE in Kent, WA, and they said no, they can't. Send me a PM, we can catch up.

Hey Mark,
I'll send you a PM for sure
But, yes I'm in the UK now so it'll have been Schaeffer where I saw that info. Sorry about that. Seems odd that FPE don't offer the same deal tbh.

The only other way I can think of if dealing with FPE would be a bit of hassle.

You buy a 19" panel from them that's natural anodized and brushed with the rack holes and, if you want, also the holes for whatever you need on the front.
They send that to you and you have it re-anodized the all black colour that you want wherever near you can do it.
Then send the panel back to FPE as "use customer material" to have your script and anything else you want printed or engraved on it etc.

Maybe wait to see if any US folks come along on here with alternative places that could do one- off panels for you though, I'm not up on who does what or where these days over there, sorry mate.

PM on its way... :)

Latest posts

Back