• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS, Complete UA 4110/8110 Solo Mic Preamp PCB Assemblies w/Mic & Line Inputs.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Kulka

FS, Complete new UA 4110/8110 Solo Mic Preamp PCB Assemblies With Mic And Line Inputs. These are fully assembled and tested modules that were used in the early Universal Audio 4110 and 8110 Precision Class A Preamp models.

6 available in this initial listing, $225 each plus shipping. I might be listing more of them later on.

They have balanced mic inputs, balanced line inputs, and unbalanced DI inputs for guitars and synths. The line output is balanced. They come with knobs for the pots and rotary switch, and buttons for the push switches. The controls on the left are  Input Gain, Output Level, and a 5-position rotary switch that selects between 500 ohm mic in, 2k mic in, and +4 line in. The 4 lighted push button switches are for phase reverse, high pass filter, 12 db pad, and phantom power on/off. The mic and line inputs both pass through an Altran shielded input transformer.

The power requirements are +48, +8, +26, and -26 VDC. No power supply is included. Due to the high (52 volt) audio voltage, the module has lots of headroom (+30 dBu with a 100k load). You can find much more info by searching for specs etc. on the UA 4110 or 8110 preamps. This is exactly the same module used in those products, with the same performance.

I can't include a schematic, but will include a wiring diagram that clearly shows how to hook up these modules. The modules are fastened with the 3 controls on the front and and an angle bracket on the back (included). All the connections are on standard Molex connectors and it is really pretty simple. The modules are 4.75" high, approx. 9" deep, and 2" wide. To install them in a front panel or enclosure you'll need 3 3/8" holes for the controls, 4 7/16" holes for the push switches, a rectangular cutout for the level LED bank, and a small round hole for the overload LED. The LED bank and overload LED can be removed, for simpler installation. The modules are tested and fully guaranteed and the paperwork I send with the modules will be pretty clear, but beyond that (due to work overload!) I can't offer much in the way of technical support.

Depending on how the sales of these first 6 go, I may raise or lower the prices of the other modules, which I'll list on my own web site, and maybe here also.

Cost is $225 each plus USPS priority mail shipping, payable by paypal or credit card. To buy, please reply here and then PM me with your shipping address. I'll reply with the shipping amount and payment info.

DSCN8138.800.jpg

DSCN8132.800.jpg

Guys, can I pick your brain a bit on this? I wasn't sure what the interest would be in these. They have a lot of potential but I realize that the odd power supply voltages and other work involved might be a turn off.

If any "potential purchasers that passed" (or anyone at all, really) would be kind enough to give me some feedback, it would be much appreciated. What could I do to make this easier or more useful to people? Instructions, certain parts, anything. I'm unaware of a cheap instant way to get all those voltages from one PSU and don't think it would be practical to include supplies with these boards, but am not sure.

Thanks in advance for any responses, suggestions, advice, curses, etc.

What about Joe Malone psu's? They are great value. Got all the rails you want ;)

dribro said:
What about Joe Malone psu's? They are great value. Got all the rails you want ;)

Im ordering PSU from JLM Audio after email conversation with Joe and should work fine with these modules:)

Back