• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: DIY Projects, Transformers and vintage broadcast modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootyfox

I have decided to quit the DIY / audio world for now.

Whenever I find the time, I will add new items from my unfinished DIY projects pile and from that
you-never-know-if-you-might-need-it-one-day pile of vintage broadcast modules, knobs, capacitors, transformers etc.

Some projects are half finished, some only the PCBs.
Payment via paypal, shipping via DHL worldwide. All items located in Hamburg, Germany. Please PM me if you're interested and I can give you an exact shipping quote.

Photos were taken with an iphone, so if things look bent, it's due to the wide lense of the camera.

First off, my beloved IJ Research Mixbuzz 1 Compressor - SOLD!
Performs like a dream, although it does have two small issues: somehow I never got the Input/Output metering to work properly, the GR metering works flawlessly though. Since Igor disappeared from the scene I never got to solve this, but I didn't really matter to me anyway as I only needed GR metering if at all.
The other thing is, I haven't calibrated the dry/wet mix function, so when engaging the mix function there's a slight increase in overall gain. I never needed the mix function, so I never bothered. The rest is calibrated properly though.
Anyway, these two issues didn't hinder me from using this particular unit on most of these masters: https://www.facebook.com/ebony.cuts.9/media_set?set=a.227594897398154.100004429364005&type=3

- Siemens w293 discrete inductor based High-Pass filter module, great for building a vintage vibe channel-strip, similar transformers as in the w295b EQ, clean condition, untested: SOLD

- Siemens w294 discrete inductor based Low-Pass filter module, great for building a vintage vibe channel-strip, similar transformers as in the w295b EQ, clean condition, untested: SOLD

- Siemens v275/0 summing amp, clean condition, untested: 40,- Euro
v275front.jpg

v275Back.jpg

- Lawo w989/1 MS matrix module, clean condition including mating connector, untested: SOLD

- Carnhill VTB2291 Transformer (new, unused in orig box) pair: SOLD

- Carnhill VTB 9046 Transformer (new, unused in orig box) pair: 110,- Euro SOLD

- Neutrik NTL1 Input Line Transformer (identical to Studer ref 1.022.405) pair: 35,- Euro
NTL.jpg

- Tamura Mic Input transformers GA82370 / NI43487 (300 / 2.7k 1:9) removed from old Yamaha console, 8 pieces, untested: 10,- Euro each or 50,- for the lot.

Tamura.jpg

Pair of Nite EQ 3D PCBs + PSU!

Extra anal build with only the finest of the fine in terms of components (Wima, Panasonic FM, Vishay/Dale resistors etc).
All caps and resistors are stereo matched! Opamps are installed without sockets for esoteric reasons.
I think I have all the missing bits here, just need to sort them out - including the Toroid PSU and the dual ganged Pots from AML. Let me know if you need these additional components or if you prefer to just go with the PCBs.
Price-wise I have no idea, please be so kind an make me an offer. SOLD
NitePCBsTop.jpg

More to come! Feel free to ask me any questions :)

Lynn

www.ebonycuts.com

Your inbox is full!

Interested in nite eq pcb's!

Great website of yours btw :)

Hi, I am sorry about my mailbox, I've cleaned it up now, so PMs do work now :)

Would it be possible to see some pictures of the insides of the Hi and Low pass modules?

Dreams said:
Would it be possible to see some pictures of the insides of the Hi and Low pass modules?

Hi, thanks for your message - I've added pictures of the insides of the Hi & Low pass modules as well as the MS Matrix  :)

e.oelberg said:
what vca are you using now on the mixbus ?

just curious

grüsse aus Berlin

Hi, it's those 4x2181 VCAs from IGOR that were included with the original kit..

Does someone know where you can find those knobs on the LAWO w989/1? Or seen them before?

fonzobrown said:
Hi, i've PMed but not reply from You

Let me know so i can make the payment

best wish

Rob

Replied now, sorry for the delay - very busy day yesterday :)

Thanks Lynn , payment done right now for 8x tamura + 2x neutrik ntl + shipment to Italy  ;)

I let You know when the parcel will arrive here at home

thanks again , best regards

Rob

Latest posts

Back