• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale FS: EF86 mic grade tubes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLRT

GDIY Supporter
Starting another round after the valvo ef86 big sale, selling fully noise tested mic grade tubes:
EF86 Valvo/Mullard/Philips etc mesh plates: 50EUR (transparent tone with nice highs)
EF86 Mullard smooth plate 75EUR (darker tone, good for taming bright capsules)
EF806S Telefunken 250EUR (no fakes, best longlife ef86 variant ever made, more low end,recessed highend more balanced than the silver plate standard Telefunken)

Attachments

• EF86TUBES.jpg
    EF86TUBES.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 6
Has anyone bought from this member? Are the tubes low-noise as described?

Starting another round after the valvo ef86 big sale, selling fully noise tested mic grade tubes:
EF86 Valvo/Mullard/Philips etc mesh plates: 50EUR (transparent tone with nice highs)
EF86 Mullard smooth plate 75EUR (darker tone, good for taming bright capsules)
EF806S Telefunken 250EUR (no fakes, best longlife ef86 variant ever made, more low end,recessed highend more balanced than the silver plate standard Telefunken)
I’d be interested in a pair of the Volvo/ Millard/ philllips. Are they close in matching ?

I’d be interested in a pair of the Volvo/ Millard/ philllips. Are they close in matching ?
Yes, I have those in stock(many pieces) Do you need those for mics? as the mic tubes are working in max 30% of the total emission(less than 1mA) So with adjustable PSU they are all very close.

I tested those but they are very much microphonics most of the time. Ef800 is more reliable too
Interesting, this will be my next test. EF800 vs EF184 which Terry advised me to do. I am curious. The versions with other heating voltages of these tubes are also interesting. Just a tip!

I have bought many tubes and the quality has been superb. I have also bought capsules and transformers so you could say I trust him.

Latest posts

Back