• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: G9 Tube Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murdock

Hey folks,

I'm selling my G9 preamp to fund some other projects (what else...)
I bought it myself from a fellow member here two years ago and completed the second channel.
One channel has both, OEP input and output transformer and the other channel has Lundahl input and OEP on the output.
I replaced the Electro Harmonix tubes with nice RCA and Telefunken tubes.
The preamp is really quite in the audiopath but the two power transformers hum. So I would not record a quite piece directly in front of the preamp. Maybe just rotating the transformers could work or one could also just buy a custom transformer. 
But it was never really a problem for me.

Here is a quote of the original builder:

"I built it with the best parts I could get.
Wima caps,  Beyshlag resistors, Noratel encapsulated toroidal trannies, Omron relays, Rubycon caps, Evox-Rifa high voltage capacitors"

"I did the DI mod (wiring the jacks directly to the main pcb, which solved the noise issue)" 

I ask 600€ including shipping and Paypal.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Bump
and I fixed all problems know. Everything is working as it should except the mechanically humming power transformers.

Bump
also reduced the mechanical power transformer hum by decupling it from the chassis.

Latest posts

Back