• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Pair of STA-Level clones (by Fohlin) SOLD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauvais

Up for sale here are a pair of STA-Level 'clones' (well not really clones) built by Richard Fohlin from whom I bought these a few years ago. I hardly ever use them anymore, so I'm letting them go.

They have variable recovery time and an added Triple mode, so they're much more flexible than an original Gates STA-Level. However, they don't really sound like a STA-Level either! They're very clean sounding, none of the massive coloration usually associated with a STA. They can do absurd amounts of compression without really being heard. Whether or not this is a good thing is a matter of taste I guess. I would rather have more coloration, but if you're into clean vary mu compression, this might be a winner.

They have just recently been gone through by my trusted tech and are in perfect working order. The transformers are from Lundahl (probably one of the reasons why they sound so clean) and the tubes are new production (the 6386's are from JJ for example), but I do have a set of NOS RCA tubes as well as an option.

I can take more pictures, please let me know if you'd like to see something specific.

The units can be checked out / picked up in my studio in Berlin, Germany. Otherwise I can ship them anywhere, however shipping might become expensive depending on your location.

Finally, I'm looking for 1200 Euro for the pair.

STA_1.jpg

STA_2.jpg

STA_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back