• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Sennheiser MK4 (single pattern all-purpose condenser) with Shockmount

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwayfair

I know many of us here have built things that are "nicer" than this or are swimming in mics, but this is actually a very good all-purpose thing, it's very low noise for the output level, and it's solidly built, plus it's not too expensive if you need to stick it in front of something dangerous like certain singers I've met.

I'm asking $259 plus actual shipping, which is a little better than the lowest price I could find for the combo in good condition on ebay. They're in pretty much prestine condition, never been around any smoke or anything like that, no dents on the grill, and my breath doesn't stink up the joint. The shockmount has only seen a little bit of use.

It looks like a microphone so I didn't bother taking pictures. If you really want some pictures I'll take some.

Want to know what it sounds like? I made an entire frigging album with it as basically the only mic (I used an e609 as a second mic on the guitar amp on a couple tracks), and the results were good enough that I was willing to print it:

https://baltimericana.bandcamp.com/album/no-fortunes

And I've used it pretty frequently on acoustic tracks since then.

It's been a second choice for me on a ton of sources, and it's still "the one" for a some things, but I really need to thin the herd.

A large flat rate priority box is $18.85, so plan on that for shipping, but if I can safely send it in a smaller container I will do so.

Trades:
I would accept an empty Aurycle body toward the cost (I only need one to verify one of the open source mic projects I did back in Feb), but I'm back in school now and unless you happen to have the textbooks I need for my classes I can't accept anything else because I'm on play money lockdown. :p

Bump.

Also, if anyone's looking for an audio interface, I have a Fireface 400 for a very good price, but it will ONLY work on bus power (which means you'll need a mac with a firewire port, not just Thunderbolt). You can PM me if you want more details. I suspect that there's a fairly simple repair that could be done to the power section to fix it so it will work on a wall wart, but you'd have to do some digging to make sure you find the right parts to fix.

Latest posts

Back