• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Stereo Zener TG1 Limiter kit with power supply (matched diodes)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersonic

Selling my kit I put together myself. Too many BLOODY projects to attend to. Oh, what a problem.
I'm also taking care of the sale of my friends stereo set of PCBs (tg1s and psu). If interested, hit me an email at inside.outlines -at- gmail -dot- com

The PCBs where designed by fripholm, who also made an excellent PDF-guide amongst other info, that can be found at this location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kkpxcxr0hebzp0/TTx%20Zener%20TG%20Guide.zip?dl=0

I think I went reasonably "all out" on the quality of the components, meaning that I shopped from component experience, so the highest quality but not for insane prices.
Every single bit I got from a reliable source (mouser)

I went with the Panasonic FC series electrolytics all through out the unit.
Considered very good in the DIY community.
I usually use these in all my projects, and have had nothing but good results.

All resistors are Vishay/Dale RN Series "Very low noise (-40 dB)" (Whatever that means..)
These are the military grade version of the CMF series, which I think are the ones that people often use in "high end" stuff.
CertainIy not a  "audiophile" myself, as I went with these mainly because they look cool. (ordinary resistors are boring)  ;D

The Potentiometers are Bourns. Went with potentiometer for the "ATTACK" as well but you can change it to a rotary switch later on if you see any purpose in that.
The "RELEASE" pot has a very cool push/pull-switch built in to it, meaning you can rotate as usual to choose release-time, or pull the knob for auto-release (if you wire it that way that is)
And maybe turn on a LED at the same time (The switch has 2 poles). Trimpots are Bourns as well.

Wima Polypropylene throughout for the film caps and Murata for the ceramic caps

Rotary switches are goldplated Lorlins with solder eyelets for easier soldering

All the transistors and diodes are included as well, various brands. The 1N751A diodes need matching, something that I took care of. The matching is insanely good as I had 100 pieces to play around with.

Power supply PCB and all the components for that (except heatsinks) are included

The parts not included are mostly cosmetical stuff, like case, I/O connection, knobs, lamps and switches for bypass and power.
But you need to get the transformers (there are a couple to choose from, you preferences..), meters and power transformer. And of course the heatsinks for the power supply. However I can throw in some isolation washers and heatconductive/isolation pads if you want me to.
I think thats about it. (You can look at the partlist in the build guide)

I'm looking for €230 for the kit. The only PCBs set  is €60

I'll have to look up how much shipping is. I'm in Europe but I don't think shipping costs are any different to another country in EU or to the USA. I'm guessing around €20 but I'll be looking into that tomorrow.

If interested, hit me an email at inside.outlines -at- gmail -dot- com

Back