• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Telefunken M15a 2" 24 track tape deck

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I have had this machine for some time with the intention of fixing it up.  I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get round to it, & have decided that it's a job for someone else.

The machine is a  non runner.  However I believe that it can be made into a good machine.  It has from what I can see new heads , a new motor.  All the tape guides etc appear to be new.  It comes with a full service manual in English, a remote control.  There are a second set of heads & some other spares.

I started working on it about 5 years ago, but couldn't get the transport running because there was a PSU issue.  The transport has a seperate PSU to the audio electronics, so you can isolate the 2 parts to work on.  These machnes are really good when they're working & unlike Studers or other brands, you can still get all the parts from Hilpert Audio in Germany.

The machine is stored near Lewes in Sussex & will need picking up from there.  I'm not really sure what money I want for it, so if it interests you we can talk. I'm not really after a fortune. If you send me a PM I can email you some pics.

Hello, I think I have the same tape recorder, do you still have it? Can you send me some pictures? I'm looking for another one for spare parts, please let me know! Sergio

Back