• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: various stages DIY gear.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micheal85

Sad time to say that I'm leaving the audio industry due to long hours making me go permanently cross eyed. That being said I would like to find homes for my projects cause it will make me sad seeing them sitting around getting disgruntled looks from me. I will write as accurate descriptions as possible if you would like to see pictures let me know. Add shipping on the prices. Or local pickup in Los Angeles. All these are done clean. I am a head engineer and tech for a very busy studio in Hollywood and have been soldering for over half my life. The stuff that I haven't fully completed should be tested and looked over first before throwing any power its way. I think that goes without saying. Thank you for your time all.

1. $600 DIY U87 with box. This is a working microphone. TSKguy capsule, ami transformer. The only thing wrong with this mic is there are some light scratches on the shock mount. When I received the shock mount in the mail it was damaged and other than sending back I delt with it because it didn't really bug me. But it's fully functional.

2. $500 DIY C12. This is a working mic based of the HT-11. It still needs a decent capsule as I currently have a Chinese one in there. And I will NOT be selling the GE tube with it, sorry I promised it to someone else. I use this mic all the time on my sessions and love it even with the Chinese cap.

3. $400 DIY LA2A. This still needs tubes, meter and input/output transformers. I have the kinetic t4b. Everything is cleanly done. The other aesthetic thing that would be left to do is figure out a nice way to attach the front cover with the rack unit. I was going to use a Neve 8048 meter I have laying around. I can include that too if you would like.

4. $300 DIY FET47. This needs a capsule only.

I also may be posting a half finished 251 and another FET. I have an engineer friend that might want them so im putting them on hold for now.

Hey is the fet47 poctops? What transformer and body is it? I’m interested. Will pm.

I guess you don’t really  want to sell anything. I’m buying something else.

Latest posts

Back