• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: VU meters

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatnik

For sale some VU meters

Prices plus shipping from London UK and paypal fees. Discount on multiple buys

- Sifam Type 20 vintage 1mA meter 54mm round cutout. like Sifam AL20SQ-Retro but with 0-20V scale. good for compressor projects £15

- M&W square 1mA meter 45x45mm cutout. good quality made in Germany. good for compressor projects £15

yeah i know the scully logo is gonna make your posh compressor clones look so unauthentic

btw someone into diy should be able to get a new pair of scales cut and printed for a decent price. or well, at least cheaper than ...  :-X

beatnik said:
yeah i know the scully logo is gonna make your posh compressor clones look so unauthentic

btw someone into diy should be able to get a new pair of scales cut and printed for a decent price. or well, at least cheaper than ...  :-X
You excel at sarcasm.  :)

I am also a graphic designer and the way things look matter to me. That's all. I'm not rich or posh.

I once spent weeks recreating the Universal Audio 1176 logo for a blue face clone. Weeks, because I only had blurry pics to work from.

Is it wrong to care how your gear looks?  :)

sorry man if my sarcasm offended you, it wasn't my intention. I am glad you confirmed that is possible to change the meter scale and put whatever logo one likes on it. i have had so many people inquiring about these meters and then complaining about the scully logo. i hope this will spare me from repeating the same thing over and over again

Nah somehow I must be good at pushing your buttons, and you mine  ;)

I hear you about looks vs sound. You have a great point.

There may have been a misunderstanding about the meter logo - I didn’t change that before. I made a UA logo for the metal panel of the blue face and had it laser etched into the blue paint. Came out really cool! I’ll try to post a pic.

Anyway you made me think. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a pic of the blue face UA logo I created and had etched into the blue paint.

If anyone wants the Illustrator file for this I may still have it.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back