G.TEN 500 series graphic eq (V4 revision) 18.05.23 back in stock

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
Is there a Mouser order number for the bypass switch? I almost finished my second unit, but I can't find the switch anywhere. Must have misplaced it somewhere.
tempImageKhO8gr.jpg
Is

Hi folk!
We are pleased to announce that the new batch of G.TEN is ready for shipment.
Available here:
Equalizers
G.TEN V4 is the fourth reissue.
In this revision we tried to take into account all the nuances and requests of those who bought and assembled the device earlier, as well as our own ideas for its improvement. Couple resistors was changes for more common values, pcb layout was optimised a little as well as output transformer connection was changed. Schematicly V4 is the same as V3.

Cheers,
Igor

Hi, just finished one of my V4 units - everything seems to be working except I'm getting a -6 or so db drop in signal even with the unit bypassed and a -1 db drop with the unit engaged (sine wave at 1k). Any idea what could be causing the level discrepancy?

Thanks,

Ryan

Also I was curious if there's a resistor that defines the brightness of the indicator LED- mine is very bright compared to my other 500 series units next to it and it would be great to dim it down a bit

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi, please disregard the levels question - I think it was something funky to do with channel linking switches on my 500 series rack - I seem to have fixed it. Still interested in LED bringhness adjustment though if possible :)

Hi Igor,

I sent an email but wasn't sure if you prefer a post here in case this helps others. I just ordered 2 x G ten units V4. I had two Capi 2503 output transformers which have more leads than the new G ten PCB has available.

There 2503 has Brown, orange red , purple blue, green and yellow and grey

I’m wondering how I should solder these in?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2503-specs.pdf
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7948.jpeg
    IMG_7948.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes, curious about this as well. Looks like the brown primary is being used, but the secondary blue, yellow, violet? What should be done with other leads?

Attachments

• V4 Wiring.jpg
    V4 Wiring.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Output Schematic.jpg
    Output Schematic.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 2
Yes, curious about this as well. Looks like the brown primary is being used, but the secondary blue, yellow, violet? What should be done with other leads?
Here is the answer I got for the capi 2503
In order to get the correct trx wiring you need:
connect VIO + GRN together and connect VIO to board pin
connect BLU + GRY together and connect BLU to board pin
connect RED + ORG and isolate them
connect BRN wire to board pin
connect YEL wire to board

Back