G1176 and SSL Comp PCB's - Thank you!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tubejay

Damn! I just got my G1176 and SSL Comp PCB's today, and I can't recall the name of the user in Denmark who sent them! Anyway, hopefully we can get that thread redone on here.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the excellent PCB's, they look absolutely wonderful. Top notch work. If anyone out there was on the fence about buying some of these, you should do it, they're great.

Hopefully we can get that SSL thread up here as well. BTW, what revision are these boards??

Thanks,

Jay Lison

:wink:

If you need info on the G1176 or SSL comp

I might know where some

*cough* entire threads were archived

you know... that 56 page 1176 one haha

[quote author="Ian MacGregor"]The guys screen name was Labs, hopefully he'll find this place! If anyone has his email, it might be cool to let him know. He did a lot of hard work to get us some killer pcbs.

Ian[/quote]

DOH! Given the name of this place, you'd think I would have remembered it!! :wink:

Killer PCBs is absolutely right!!

Yeah, I'd love to get a hold of the 1176 thread, and the SSL thread if at all possible. I saw the ssl thread on Google, is the 1176 thread out there as well??

oops..not logged in.
Oh, and thanks for naming the place after me :grin:
Im to humble to use that nick anymore now.

Gustav

who was working on a revised layout pcb with lundahls on the in and out, wonder what the progress of that is, would love to know if that worked out.

dave

don't forget all the other kinds of boards gustav has provided! my g9 board looks very good. hopefully i can stuff it soon.

soundguy-

the gyraf version already has lundahls on the input (optional) and output. the output, unlike the original i think, is wired by default as a 2:1 stepdown. there was a discussion of modding the board to get more gain out of the lineamp and reverse the output transformer.

however, i think mnats was working on a revised layout that can be fitted with either OEP or lundahl transformers, and with the output transformer "reversed" compared to the gyraf version, operating as a 1:2 stepup. he posted a link to a PDF checkplot in the PCB software thread.

so maybe contact mnats.

ed

Latest posts

Back