G7 Mic PSU wiring pattern switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the schematic and pcb layout. I am finding some general info around the web but nothing that helps me understand how to wire it. A point in the right direction will help. Thanks.

Attachments

• PSU schematic.png
    PSU schematic.png
    206 KB
The pattern switch works by changing the polarization voltage on the rear capsule. You can see this on the mic schematic. The psu schematic shows the pattern switch as sw1 over on the right hand side. It connects the pattern output to different legs of a voltage divider, which changes the polarization voltage going to the rear capsule.
With a 4 pole, 3 position switch you only need to use one of the poles. Connect the pattern conection to the inner tab and the voltage divider connections to the outer tabs. Use a multimeter to figure out the right tabs or the datasheet.

Thanks for your post. I now have a better understanding of how this works. I believe I should hook pin 3 to fig 8, pin 2 to Omni, pin 1 to Cardioid on pcb and pole A to the return on pcb. Is this correct? When testing switch I found that the setting all the way to the right had pole A going to pin 3, 1 click to left pole A going to pin 2, and 2 clicks left pole A going to pin 1. So i set tang washer there to stop all other click positions. Right?

Attachments

• PSU pcb layout.png
    PSU pcb layout.png
    218.1 KB
Back