G7 PCB error?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudioJunkie

Maybe I'm just too tired to think clearly. But I think there's an error on the G7 PCBs. Which way should I be able to read the Gyraf Audio, etc. text?

It appears the holes for the transformer are for topside mounting, rather than trace side. Am I totally wacked out here? These are the boards from Gustav. Did these get printed upside down or backwards or something? Or is it an error in the original layout?

Does this meani'm going to have to mount everything on the opposite sides of the board?

Daniel

Hi!

I haven't seen those exact boards, but I etched my own from the Gyraf design. You have to mount some of the components on the 'wrong' side of the board - it's all in the instructions on the Gyraf site.

Or have you found something else?
Stew :?:

Wait, now I'm confused. Before now, i was under the impression that everything was mounted on the top side, except for the Xformer, and feedback components. And those were on the trace side.

But looking at the PDF again, is it the other way around? Everything else is on the trace side, and the Xformer is on the top side?

Grrr...maybe I should just get some sleep. :?

Daniel

Does this help?

http://www.omnipressor.com/Other/G7micpix/Z-internal1.jpg

http://www.omnipressor.com/Other/G7micpix/Z-mic01.jpg

Stewart

AH HAH!!! :grin:

You know, i've looked at your site and Kev's probably at least 50 times all together, and had never noticed that the trace side was where most of the components were.

Alright, ignore my previous posts. I atribute my stupidity to the fact that it's currently 3AM here in Texas. :green:

Thanks for the help.

Daniel

Thanks Jakob,

I certainly will post pictures and the technical drawings once I'm finished. But this may be an all summer affair, as I'm still jobless (until school starts back up in August).

I'm doing the body machining in the week, but I don't know when i'll have the money to buy the components for he inards and power supply. So far all I have is two of the LL1538's (Lucked out and contacted Kevin just at the right time), the 33M resistors, and a few parts that I already had from an earlier project.

One thing I noticed just now on the main mic board, is that on the tube end, the first and last pins (the two grounds I think?) don't have the full trace connecting them. For some reason it stops short. Is that going to be a problem?
G7+Board+Trace.jpg

(Sorry if that doesn't work. Not working on the preview. Just cut and paste the link if not. Also sorry for the crappy picture, but I had to give back the digital camera to my parents so all I have is my Nokia 3650)

Daniel

Back