G9 instrument (DI) input...not happening *help*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaji

Hi everyone ✌️G9-INST MOD.GIF

I realize there is a G9 thread for troubleshooting, but it became too extensive and I believe I read everything...I didn't find a solution that addresses this particular issue.

We're successfully using our finished G9 in the studio for Music recording. We absolutely love it! Lundhal input and output x-fos, Genalex tubes, pure glory...

However, the DI input still is receiving extremely low levels. We've tried all of the proposed solutions mentioned in the official G9 help thread...we've balanced the wiring, cut the traces (as specified in the attached mod image), went directly from the TS Neutrik jack to the board....but no cigar.

If anyone has suggestions please send 'em over....we love this preamp (thanks Jakob) and would love to have it 100% functional (we've read the DI is stellar!)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi there,

Does it work in the meanwhile? I had the same issue. My jack input was connected the wrong way around. The inputwire on the jack socket was the one, that was dissconected as soon as you plug a jack into it. The little handrawn picture is wrong sometimes, depending on what jack socket you buy. Some lift the right side, some lift the left side..

Latest posts

Back