• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

G9 Preamp 90% finished: NEW PRICE DROP !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neeno

Hi Guys,
my DIY addiction had to really slow down so much in the past 2 years (I have two beautiful little kids now) and many projects are still waiting on the shelf. I guess that someone could finish them and put them to work.

The first is my Gee Nine preamp.
I started this project many years ago, used it for a couple of records, then I started messing around with the DI input, since I loved how it sounded with my mics and I wanted to use it with bass.

I quickly discovered that the DI inputs were a bit noisey.
So I started modding it and I never really found the time to finish it and put it back together.

It is 90% done,  wiring HAS TO BE CHECKED before firing it up, but channel one was working fine since is completely wired.

The front panel power switch is not actually wired, so don't plug in the IEC before YOU HAVE DOUBLE CHECKED the wiring.
The unit is configured for 230V operation, but it can be rewired for 110V.

I'll say it again, CHECK THE WIRING !!!

As you can see from the pictures, I did the DI mod (wiring the jacks directly to the main pcb, which solved the noise issue)
Channel 2 needs some wiring, a set of trannies and the DI jack needs to be soldered to the cable that goes to the main board.

I built it with the best parts I could get.
Wima caps,  Beyshlag resistors, Lundahls transformers (only one channel fitted), Noratel encapsulated toroidal trannies, Omron relays, Rubycon caps, Evox-Rifa high voltage capacitors and it comes with a set of EHX tubes.
The case is metal-technology.de (ex Robeshop) Industrie model, the frontpanel is custom made and anodized, laser engraved as is the back of the case.

The price is 350€ (CHF 380.-)
Buyer has to pay shipment and paypal fees.

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

Do you have a guess how much shipping would be to the US?

I don't really need another preamp project, but...

Neeno, your inbox is full....

where in Swizzerland are you located?  Maybe we can work something out? Just PM me with your email address.
also, what wiring exactly still needs to be completed on channel 2?

thanks!

Hi rockinrob86,
the shipment to the US is 65-70$ for a 10kg package.

rockinrob86 said:
Do you have a guess how much shipping would be to the US?

I don't really need another preamp project, but...

Hi sharpeleven !
A fellow swiss diy'er… cool !
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't notice my inbox was full.

- I'm located in Lugano (TI)
- The second channel is missing the wiring between the main board and the front panel board and the DI wiring (which is already connected on the main boar side (under to be specific, as suggested to lower the DI noise)  all the wiring is already done on the first channel.

I'll send you a PM.
Thank you.

sharpeleven said:
Neeno, your inbox is full....

where in Swizzerland are you located?  Maybe we can work something out? Just PM me with your email address.
also, what wiring exactly still needs to be completed on channel 2?

thanks!

Channel 1 is perfectly working, channel 2 just needs some wiring and you are ready to go !
BUMP !

benqbasic said:
Wow that's a fantastic looking build.  :)

Damn it wish I had the money right now, maybe in a few months if the unit isn't sold by then.

Thank you !
I'm really sad to let it go, but I'm slowly running out of space.
Channel 1 is working, channel 2 need some wiring and the transformers and a the new  owner would own a really nice tube preamp !

G-Sun said:
Beautiful unit!

Sorry if I'm also writing here, but I'm really interested in your preamp.
Is it still for sale?
And how much would the shipping to Belgium or Germany cost?

Greetings

Latest posts

Back