• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Geloso G290-V (Vintage tube mic-PRE/mixer) F.S

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jitter

I am selling my precious Geloso G290v Vintage Tube Mic-PRE / Mixer or change only by a Ridge Farm Gas Cooker Valve Mic Preamp.

The Geloso dates from 1958 and is in perfect condition, functional and fully prepared for use in a 19 "rack.
5 inputs: two micro in front or rear panel.  Three line input in the front panel.
1 Mono output in the rear panel and the same mono output doubled in two jacks and two xlr in the front panel. Output gauge and level gauge selector in Vu to view the gain of each channel.
Excellent vintage tube sound high quality.
Very rare to find and especially in these conditions. If I sell it out of necessity and because I need rack space.

I reserve me the right to withdraw it at any time.

Price: 1200€ (ex Shipping)

I can send to Europe without problems. More difficult to send to USA and other countries.

They are located in Spain.

Regarding the gain, I would not know exactly how much level you have per channel, but more than 55-60 decibels is safe. I have worked with ribbon microphones without problems or background noises or blows and I have never gone beyond point 5 of the potentiometer dial.
With the gain of the channel and with the extra gain of output with the potentiometer of general level is more than enough.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but a couple of weeks ago a G290 sold for 81 euros on Italian eBay.
Another one for a little over 100. The highest I've seen is 200, probably bought by some Geloso collector.

In what operating conditions was that equipment?
Have you seen this unit?

It is in a perfect state, the electronics are completely perfect, have the original components, valves tested, calibrated, ready for use in rack, new standard connectors.
It is a work of goldsmithing and I doubt that I will find many like this.
On ebay it is normal that they are worth 100€, because  they are always "For parts or not working"

Jitter said:
Have you seen this unit?

It is in a perfect state, the electronics are completely perfect, have the original components, valves tested, calibrated, ready for use in rack, new standard connectors.
On ebay it is normal that they are worth 100€, because  they are always "For parts or not working"

I've seen several. The ones sold was in "working condition", but that's a highly relative term. Obviously they'd need some recapping, cleaning and tuning. Of course, labor is worth something, but the value depends on how it is done.

Geloso didn't make professional audio/studio gear. That's why I'm surprised to see such a high asking price. Geloso was the Italian go-to PA company in the 1950's and 60's. They made affordable consumer gear. The mixer is not intended for studio use, never was, it's not a pro design per se. If the mixer was loaded with reputable input and output iron, I'd understand why one would ask some for it. For 1200 euro you should get that and more. Not just a nice faceplate.

The schematic's out there if anyone's interested. I suspect noise is an issue. Performance, when used with low impedance mikes, is probably not that great either.  :-X

I am the one who bought one on eBay for 81 euros as it intrigued me.
It's a cool little unit, definitely fun to run as an insert in a DAW for some distortion / crunch / fuzz. Mine has a 2 band EQ (hi lo) on the master, and the low band sounds really nice and is much welcome as the process eats some low end.
It needed a little recap, it was a fast job as there is not much in the enclosure.
The input signal goes thru half a 12AX7, then passive summing, then 12AT7 and out.
The only iron you'll find are the power transformer and two chokes in the PSU...
Input are high impedance (0,5M) and output is unbalanced low imp (500 ohms)
1200 euros or trade for a V72 makes absolutely no sense to me. A good price for a little console like this would be 200e max, if someone wants to add some color to a DAW but is ok to loose some low end in the process. That being said, the XLR and jacks are a nice addition...
I really don't want to ruin you sale, but just making things clear for a potential buyer.

Jitter said:
Have you seen this unit?

Groupdiy isnt exactly a forum where adding input connections, changing a few caps, and testing the tubes will get you 5x the "normal" going price. Might be easier to sell on gearslutz.  ;D

Hi for all.
For economic needs I return to sell the Geloso G290V.  :'(

Price: 560€ (Shipping included to Europe)

Thanks

Two mic inputs modified to Low impedance for Low z microphones, and three line input high impedance for instrument.

Latest posts

Back