General Audio Research - REDD47 build thread

Help Support GroupDIY:

koki

What do you think about this board from China that i bought. It uses double Gz4 tube as rectifier bridge and zener diodes to regulate power supply value. Can somebody give me advice about power transformer value that will fit best for this build. To get 280-290vdc. Plan is to power dual redd 47 boards. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126_002926_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20211126_002926_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20211126_002451_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20211126_002451_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

HyprDrivr

Cinemag and Jensen equivalents with full mu metal screening cans are the same price as this.

Cheers

Ian
I found both those brands a bit difficult to purchase in the EU. I would be happy for someone to point me to a good source in the EU.
Don-Audio has some CineMag, but not for this project as far as i can see.

iprovlek

Last edited:

HyprDrivr

You lost me. Why is that a problem?. Both before and after the UK was in the EU I bought transformers direct from Cinemag and Jensen without a problem. Does the EU have problems now with buying from the USA?

Cheers

Ian
This is pretty OT but yes I prefer buying from inside the EU with some exceptions. Shipping gets expensive since I am a hobbyist looking to buy one or two transformers at a time, shipping usually takes a long time and is unpredictable, Swedish custom usually takes a long time and splits my cost over two payments, returns are functionally impossible.
More specific to those manufacturers is that neither have a proper webstore or even prices online.
I buy from Digikey in the US all the time but the offer a low threshold for free shipping and charges me Swedish VAT at purchase and ship quickly.