Giving my old Ampex 440B warhorses a re-capping... 440C pcb are here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is how it all lines up:

Ampex440_CAPS_OVERVIEW72.jpg

Note that the new PCB includes all the Caps, diodes, and resistors that were
On the subassembly.

Next step is stuffing 7 PCBs...
2 for my 440B-2, 4 for my 440B-4, plus 1 for my spare channel.
Hi! thanks for putting these boards together ... great work, can I get (buy) some 440C pcb's from you ? they wont let me message you directly. Thank you! fully restoring a clean 440C right now.

Hi! I have similare question.
My apologies, I'm not seeing how to PM you directly -- I'm interested in purchasing a pair of your PCB's for a 440B. Thank you!

Much respect to this thread...I hope to do something similar when I get back to the Bouse apd 1600 I've been restoring (I stuck it in storage in anticipation of relocating to be closer to my kids, but now THEY are moving around...it's like herding cats)

An variation has surfaced to the 440B and I Think this also applies to the "A" as well.

if you have a chassis with 3 Orange wires hooked up to the terminal strip ...

440_ORN_WIRES.gif

you can still use the 440B pcb. Just download this pdf:

http://gar381interests.com/440B_Cap_PCB_ONR_WIRE_VAR.pdf
Also the 440C cap pcb is now available and you can download the instruction
manual here:

http://gar381interests.com/440C_recap_manual.pdf
At this point this is probably a Black Market thing but I will try
to keep these 2 pcbs on the shelf for anyone who needs these guys.
$15 per channel post paid to the lower 48 and plus postage elsewhere
in the world. Just shoot me a PM or email.

GARY
Hi,I need 2 ps.440 model C.
I can pay via PayPal.
Regards,Alex

Привет, у кого-нибудь есть головка стереовоспроизведения для Ampex-440b,c. продается? Мой надо заменить.
Bests regards Alex.

Lots of 440B-C and MM1000 machines
are using these pcbs worldwide.

Both 440B and 440C pcbs are always in stock.
PM for details.

Gary
Hi, new-ish member on this board and can't private message. I need two AG440B cap PCB's and probably a couple extra. In Brooklyn NY. Thanks!

Lots of 440B-C and MM1000 machines
are using these pcbs worldwide.

Both 440B and 440C pcbs are always in stock.
PM for details.

Gary
Hi Gary,

Newer member here and I can’t seem to be able to PM you. Would like to purchase 6 440B pcbs and 4 440c pcbs if possible, thanks!

-Brad

Hi Gary

New member here, doing a restoration on a 440b and would like to purchase 4 of your boards if still available. I did not see a way to message you directly so hopefully this works.

Thanks

AIden T.
>> Try hovering your mouse cursor over his on-screen avatar 1711293882365.pngand then clicking on "Start A Conversation". You -- might -- be able to contact him that way.

/

Thanks for your response, i tried this but it does not give me an option for "start a Conversation" maybe new members are not allowed to direct message? Not sure.
Dunno!!! -- OK.....try this instead.....send me whatever it is that you want to send to -- gar381 -- and I will forward your information/message to him via my own PM for you. How about that??? Here is my direct e-mail address:

[email protected]

I will do what I can for you, OK???

/

Dunno!!! -- OK.....try this instead.....send me whatever it is that you want to send to -- gar381 -- and I will forward your information/message to him via my own PM for you. How about that??? Here is my direct e-mail address:

[email protected]

I will do what I can for you, OK???

/
I sent a couple Emails to you last week and this week and haven't heard back. Were you able to get in contact with Gar381? Thanks

Latest posts

Back