Green Power Supply + Green PREamp + Bo Hansen Active DI

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanjovincenzo

Hi Guys!!!

I  want to put together in a box two Greens MKII  with  its own  Bo Hansen ACTIVE DI http://web.telia.com/~u31617586/.  The Phantom Power of the green preamp will to feed the DI, but I will use a switch to to make independent the DI to the PRE.

When  switching "DI-PRE": I could connect an Instrument to DI circuit and link the balance DI out with the Preamp In. The signal travel through to DI, then will go to the Preamp circuit and finally through its output. (Don´t use the Green´s XLR Input  in this configuration)

In the other hand, if I switch "DI only" (Break the link DI balanced OUT- PREAMP IN), the Instrument signal only go through the DI circuit; I can use the AMP OUT and the DI´s  XLR  Direct OUTPUT (I can connect the DI out to diferent outboard preamp or mixer with phantom).
If I need, I can connect another mic (inst. mic or vocal mic) in to the Green´s XRL IN.  In this manner the DI and the Preamp are independent in a single box.

I hope, you guys are understanding my poor english! sorry

I read that the better DI for the Geen Pre is an outboard DI.  You Peter and you Guys, please can say me what is your opinion about link the Bo hansen with the Green Pre!,  is a good couple for bass or acoustic guitar or other lead instruments, maybe to get stronger syths. I have never listen a green or Bo Hansen DI.

If you know a same DIY BoHansen-Green, plese tell me
. I´m beginner and I wait for your Advices, especially about switching, and the better option to choose the best Audio transformer for this couple (I´m thinking OEP trans.)

Regards and really Happy New Year!

Mucha Suerte! y Chao

Juanjo

you just need to link the output of the diy to the input of the green pre, a DPDT switch or relay could do that.

the green+hansen DI work very well for me. I even built the DI with a edcor transformer and it work well (not the best choise for the work I think)

I have a small pro audio forum in plexilandia if you want to talk in spanish www.plexilandia.cl/foro you are welcome to join us.

have a nice year!

Rafael

Gracias Rafael Ahi nos comunicamos y reforzamos estos temas, yo soy un principiante asi q te pido paciencia y apoyo. (Thanks Rafael, now we can comunicate and to increase that topic in spanish,. I ´m a beginner , so please patiences and help me, and thanks for your support) y con gusto hablaremos espanol ja !!(es lo q mejor se hacer)

DPDT Switch is a good option??? , you can tell me the correct wires about... (DPDT Switch es una buna opción.. tu me puedes decir como sería el cableado??)
y que tal el nuevo año pues hue....on je je ja ja es una broma!(mis profesores de la Ing de sonido eran Chilenos de la Austral pues je eje)
(Rafael he planteado una discusión sobre la calidad de las resistencias y capacitores y he puesto un link de informacion basica sobre este tema en español, asi que la informacion de los links esta buena si deseas verla esta en http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36983.msg454567#msg454567 Here is a topic about a good resistor and capacitor).

yes you can use a Lorling as DPDT and use the extra switches for leds maybe ( a 3 pos 4 way for instance) . 
the output of the DIbox is balanced and the input of the preamp too, that´s why you need two switches one for each leg of the balanced signal. I would use a ground lift for the Dibox output.

mulletchuck said:
Where did you find a PCB for the Bo Hansen DI?

Search this thread http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36569.0

Bo is still testing different transformers as the board has been designed to work with a few alternatives.

Chris

Latest posts

Back