Greetings from Ireland

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I'm in Dublin.
Dublin is a lovely city. I first visited in the mid 70s when I was at Neve. I rememeber flying in over the docks and the huge containers of Guinness. A console had been installed in a new studio and one output was not working. It certainly was a new studio. All they had was the Neve and recently plastered walls. The fault turned out to be a solder splash across the contacts of a jack socket in the patch bay. Easy fixed so we soon retired with the customer to the nearest pub for some of the best bitter I have ever tasted and some live Irish folk music.

Welcome.

Cheers

Ian

The pint less traveled is always great , I remember visiting the Guinness Store house some years back , They give out the Guinness for free , as much as you can get down your neck , theres girls running around with trays of pints , you just gesture and over they come with refill after refill after refill.

Dont forget the two other black beers Ireland is famous for are made in Cork , Murphys and Beamish stout ,
Theres a little pub I go to not far from the old Beamish and Crawford brewery site , in the old days the owner would just nip up the road with the hand cart and arrive back with a keg from the brewery , perfectly chilled , he places the keg under the bar , so theres no beer lines , its out of the keg into the glass and down the hatch ,
Definately a bit early in the day for beer ,
Cheers all the same !

Back