Greetings from Louisiana

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I play piano, drums, guitar and some strings. I have a pile of vintage electronics that need repairing and I would love to learn. Nothing too expensive, a Harman Kardon cassette deck, a tube radio I'll be posting about soon, to name a few.

That sounds interesting. What type(s) of music do you play? I'm an old rock and roller who plays "at" the bass. I'm not good enough to say I play bass. And when a person (me) reaches a certain age, all the electronics they own are vintage...

That sounds interesting. What type(s) of music do you play? I'm an old rock and roller who plays "at" the bass. I'm not good enough to say I play bass. And when a person (me) reaches a certain age, all the electronics they own are vintage...
Thanks for asking. My main interest is rock and pop from the 50s to the 70s. But, I love motown, classical, jazz, 80s 90s music, old country.

Bass is a great instrument.

I'm my 30s and have some of my dad's gear, but a few pieces I've bought. On of my favorites is my Akai Reel to Reel.

Rock from the 50s and after would also be my interest, along with classical, jazz, folk, motown.. I used to work at an NPR classical music station.
The bass is a great instrument. Someone in my house should learn it.
My first tape recorder was a small Japanese portable I purchased as a kid for $14 and had 3" reels. The next one I found in someone's trash. It was a Webcor and I enjoyed the heck out of it until I tried to learn more about it by taking it apart. Then I couldn't put it back together...

Back