Greetings from Tucson, Arizona

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianB

I started with electronics projects in the 1950s; Heathkit audio and ham radio kits in the 1960s; consumer and pro audio amplifier and loudspeaker construction in the 1970s; commercial and pro audio systems design and installation in the 1980s; pro audio, video and custom control systems design and installation and product development in the 1990s; audio, video, data and control systems design consulting in the 2000s and 2010s.

I retired in 2016 and took up DIY construction and design of ribbon microphones, many different DIY tube and solid state audio preamps, headphone amps, active crossovers, power amplifiers and loudspeakers. I'm a musician, piano tuner/rebuilder and a home recording studio enthusiast. I enjoy doing my own circuit and PCB design using LTSpice and KiCAD.

My current main audio playback system includes a Wayne Colburn BA2018 preamp as front end for a pair of bi-amplifed 1980s era ADS L980 12" 3-way studio monitors with a customized Nelson Pass design active analog crossover network, Nelson Pass F6 clone 25wpc class A amp for mid-highs and 400wpc class D for lows.

I'm a 5 year member and contributor to DIYaudio.com forums. I just discovered GroupDIY.com, which seems to have a more international and recording studio slant. Looking forward to exploring advanced DIY studio compressors.

Latest posts

Back