• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Group Buy: 250V 300mA linear HT supply from International Power

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I am happy to use SMPS for heaters because I have checked them out and I know they work OK. Not so sure about HT and so far there has been limited success in getting a SMPS HT supply designed. So I decided to look at linear HT supplies. International power make just about the only decent off the shelf linear HT supply I know of. It is available form Mouser for just under £60.

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/International-Power/IHB250-01?qs=0xCm9DOQnC5apaiylMDitA%3d%3d

This is fine for small tube audio projects but if you want to build a decent sized tube mixer you need more current. So I contacted International Power and asked if they could do a custom linear HT supply that provided 250V output at up to 300mA  (that is enough for 20 x EZTubeMixer modules). I am pleased to say they have done this and the minimum order quantity is just 10 units.

I got a quote back from them yesterday. The base price is $102.58 each plus $50 international processing fee, plus shipping plus duty plus VAT. By the time they reach this side of the pond they will probably be close to $200. I plan to punt for 10 but I don't really need that many. Anyone in Europe interested in one or more of these?

If someone is interested in arranging a group buy for the Americas I am happy to pass on the quote data so you can deal with them direct.

Cheers

Ian

I wonder if they would ship your single order to two locations, US and UK?

EmRR said:
I wonder if they would ship your single order to two locations, US and UK?

Interesting point. I am waiting for them to send shipping info so when that arrives I will ask them.

Cheers

Ian

I have now been offered a US based forwarding address so I should be able to split the shipment into two; one US based for forwarding to Europe and one for US only consumption if someone volunteers to take on that role.

Cheers

Ian

OK.  Considering.  Dual nationality shipping should knock some cost back off.  I might be able to take on handling this over here.  It's probably worth having 2 of these on the shelf here.

To be sure and clear, these will have the same sort of international power primary taps? 

I'm guessing they would have a similar voltage adjustment control range, but maybe not. 

Do you happen to know which case size they will conform to? 

Latest posts

Back