• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Group Buy Feeler - International Power PSU: 225-275v, 48v, 12.6v

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluegrassDan

GDIY Supporter
Hey Folks,

Putting out a feeler for interest in a group buy for a custom PSU by International Power. Here are the specs:

Input:
120 VAC / 220 VAC

Output:
225 VDC - 275 VDC (140mA) variable voltage
48 VDC (70 mA)
12.6 VDC (4.5 A)

It is based on their CBB size open chassis, plus .5". Dimensions are 11" x 4.87" x 3.78"

PRICE:

International Power has quoted me $223.34 USD/each plus a $300 development fee. Minimum 25 units = $235.34 USD each.

CHASSIS:

I've been working with a local metal fabrication shop to develop a few chassis types for my tube gear. My plan is to install these PSUs into a powder coated chassis with a switched/illuminated/fused/filtered IEC inlet. The output will be via some type of 6-pin connector (Binder, aviation style, etc.). There's about another $35-$50 USD in connectors, rubber feet, and the IEC. If you want cables it will cost a bit more. I have yet to get a quote on the metalwork and painting.

So, right we're looking at $235.43 if you ONLY want the power supply. Probably add another couple hundred dollars if you want the custom chassis, connectors, and cables.

All of this stems from the fact that there are few options for external PSUs for folks designing tube gear. I REALLY like the idea of International Power's UL Certification for their products.

We'll need to come up with shipping and handling costs later. Since this is just feeler, please reply below with the following:

1. Are you interested?
2. PSU only or PSU with full custom chassis?
3. How many?

THANKS!

Back