[GROUP BUY] G9 in 51X format (CLOSED, ALL STOCK GONE)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 for me, please. I don't have the 51X rack yet, but I know that I'll get around to it. Might as well get started acquiring the fillings.

I'm in Eugene too! Relatively new to DIY. We should meet up some time and talk shop.

Brian

Still finalizing the layout, testing, etc... right now I'm trying to get the 9K2 boards out, so I'm spread a bit thin.

Keep a watch here, when there's news, i'll update.

gemini86 said:
How it all fits together:

This was the big challenge, getting it all to fit, and making it simple to build, without a lot of hand wiring.

Here is a Google sketchup model, which is what aided me in the design: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6s_klsk9wMDYWM0YmQxNjgtODU5ZC00OGY4LWEyMDktNzNhMGM4OGU5MTM1&hl=en_US

Some things to note;
-The lorlin switch is over half an inch tall from pcb surface to mounting surface, and it's on the same control pcb as the input, hpf, and phase switches. They are not half and inch tall, so I countersunk the switch holes so the rockers don't hit the face plate. 
-The control board connects to the main board via a 12 pin header. The pins will go on the main board at a right angle, the header connector on the control board. This will likely need to be fine-tuned. I'm fairly confident that it should all line up as is, but not 100% certain until I make a prototype.

I can,t view this sketchup - tried on 2 macs - is it pc specific?

It shouldn't be, but I don't own a mac that can handle sketchup, so I don't know. Anyone else?

BTW; the files I've uploaded so far are not tested, so they are not verified and may change. I would wait until I've been able to build the prototype until using these files, as they may, and probably will change. Once the holidays are over I'll be back on this project.

Back