Group buy?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of gear...

I'm pretty certain I wouldn't pay premium price just for namesake, tho. But someone will.

What a lazy way to do this. They could have categorized the gear by type at least. And sold individual pieces.
I was told they will be selling this piece by piece in the coming weeks and not as a single lot as listed currently. That said, I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it's nice to see it may go to a good home and continue to make great music. On the other hand, it's sad that al is gone. Knowing the gear value + the namesake, I am sure it will go for premium. No different then the current greatful dead auction that saw a harmonica and holder that was once used at a dead show by bob dylan going for over 12000.00 USD.

I was told they will be selling this piece by piece in the coming weeks and not as a single lot as listed currently. That said, I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it's nice to see it may go to a good home and continue to make great music. On the other hand, it's sad that al is gone. Knowing the gear value + the namesake, I am sure it will go for premium. No different then the current greatful dead auction that saw a harmonica and holder that was once used at a dead show by bob dylan going for over 12000.00 USD.
Depends. I don't think people will pay much more than market value for the Lexicon PCM96. But for the U67 that was sung into by world famous rockstars - sure.

Depends. I don't think people will pay much more than market value for the Lexicon PCM96. But for the U67 that was sung into by world famous rockstars - sure.
I disagree, some noob will think the magic to al's recording is all the gear and will buy it at premium to be AL, it won't be me, but it will be someone.

I like things that have some history to them. If it has some personal significance I don't mind paying a premium. I've certainly been tempted by certain guitars in the past.

Back