GroupDIY account activation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinebox

I don't know where else to put this, but my friend has been waiting for a month to get his account activated. He has emailed admins and stuff, no help. Today I saw a thread on gearslutz where a bunch of people were asking to have their accounts activated. Anyone know whats going on?

JohnRoberts said:
yes,

Your friend needs to go to the donate button at the bottom of the page and donate $1

This will prove to Ethan that he is not a spam bot.

JR

Is this honest or sarcastic?

pinebox said:
Is this honest or sarcastic?

we have a spam problem so request a $1 contribution up front to keep spammers from banking accounts that they activate later.

I am only aware of one pending application (JonathanLuginbill).

a) what is your friend's name and approximate time of his sign up attempt?
b) if he hasn't already, ask him to donate $1
c) advise him to monitor his paypal email address .

We have experienced people donating more than $1 which is nice but gets confused with other forum member donations. "and" we have had people not respond to emails sent to their paypal email address.

Honest... I wouldn't sh__ you.

JR

So far several spam attacks from accounts that were set up last summer when Ethan left the door open too long.

I expect more... Probably the same one spammer... using multiple banked accounts.

JR

Yes, a huge thanks to moderators for housekeeping! They do what I can't keep up with...great job!

Ethan said:
Yes, a huge thanks to moderators for housekeeping! They do what I can't keep up with...great job!
Of course thank you Ethan, without you this place would not exist.

JR

PS: Don't forget the donate button at bottom of the page but try not to donate exactly $1 as that could be confused for a new member sign-up proof of life.  ;D

Latest posts

Back