GroupDIY app???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does the app present any value or added usability or is it yet another repackaged browser? a webview?

Because even my fridge has its own browser and I'm not looking to add one anywhere.

Kingston said:
does the app present any value or added usability or is it yet another repackaged browser? a webview?

Because even my fridge has its own browser and I'm not looking to add one anywhere.

I agree. Just make this website have a mobile-friendly version.

There's no need for any apps that replicate what you can do in the browser.

-a

Or, you could sweet talk Ethan into installing the tapatalk or forum runner plugins to the site and then the site would be viewable through those apps instead of making a dedicated app.

-Casey

I already asked ethan a while ago. his response was a concern regarding security if memory serves. Tapatalk is based out of China or something...

This place already works great on my phone.  No issues.  I find the gearslutz app useless, the full version is still better on my phone. 

Andy Peters said:
Just make this website have a mobile-friendly version.

Or wait until you get a web-friendly mobile. This is just a passing phase. Soon they will all start to conform and there won't be any need for mobile optimised views.

Yeah some are already at HD screen resolutions. Not that I have one, but hey..

I'm on an iPhone 4S. True the site works great on it ( using google chrome browser) It's just my preference to have an app. But I do see the hassles and liabilities of it. Really I was just curious to see if there has ever been any plans to create one

berkleystudios said:
I'm on an iPhone 4S. True the site works great on it ( using google chrome browser) It's just my preference to have an app. But I do see the hassles and liabilities of it. Really I was just curious to see if there has ever been any plans to create one

Maybe you've heard of bookmarks or "favourites" or whatever it is that your device of fancy calls a web address that you store for later use. That's essentially what an "app" for a given website is from a technical point of view. Just opens from an icon instead of the bookmarks menu.

best solution for this site would be to use a responsive smf theme.
However I have no issues on my iPhone as is.

Back