GSSL Super Sidechain wiring help... (n00b)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finbase

Hello folks!

Yet another n00bie just about to finishing his first GSSL. Nevertheless, I countered a problem with the bypass switch. I'm just too dumb to wire it correctly...

This post should be posted to the GSSL help thread, I guess... But I've done it already a few times, and my message gets buried every time.

I'm using Gustav's GSSL 2nd ed. kit and PCB, plus the Super Sidechain PCB. The switch template is like on the frontpanels.de  GSSL frontpanel with Sidechain and TL, TM.

The switch I'd use as the bypass control is Lorlin CK Rotary Switch, 4 pole / 12 turns, turns limited to two.
How to wire this thing? Wires from where to where?

Please see the attached picture, the bypass switch is depicted in the upper right side. I'd like wire it the way that the compression would be in the active mode in the position 1 and in bypass mode in the position 2... So my unschooled guess is that a wire should go from the SSC PCB's point "TO" to the center pole A, and then there should be wires from the pole/turn 1 to the SSC PCB's point "Ret" (return), and from the pole/turn 2 to the chassis ground. Am I correct?

If I'm correct, how would you suggest to attach that chassis ground wire?

So anyone, any compassion for an inept n00b?

(PS. Hopefully you can follow me here, I'm not a native speaker...)

Thanks,
finbase

Attachments

• SSC Wiring Help.jpg
    SSC Wiring Help.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 189
OK, got my answer...

If someone is puzzling with the exactly same problem, the answer can be found in the GSSL help thread, Reply #6544.

Thanks again, Harpo!

Back