Gtr pedal company

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okgb

Where is the best place here [ and elsewhere if you have good opinions ] to announce or mention a friend's business?
there's nothing in it for me, just worthy products I feel. AXiom Effects by Dominion Audio Electronics

Now this is another discussion does the world need another pedal business? To me I'm surprised that pedals still seem to be going strong. [ and how many different fuzzes can you make ? ] Some are so stuffed with features & digital they may as well be in a rack! I know there's still an 80's rack hangover but I have yet to build a real pedal board for myself. That's another thread " essential " pedals ? I think everyone needs a wah [ or know how to work one! ]

Anyway Casey's a good guy who actually has a E.E. degree and plays gtr so it's a start, doesn't guarantee a hit record though!

I mentioned my friend's guitar pedal company right here... (Amptweaker). James Brown ex-Peavey amp designer started amptweaker in 2009. His pedals were well regarded.

Within the last couple years James sold his pedal business to a Jack Thompson (a guy I don't know).

James is now Principal Design Engineer at EVH/Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. (James worked with Eddie on the original 5150 at Peavey.)

JR

Nice pedal lineup, original circuits, very well written product descriptions and faq section, your friend did the homework!
The xfrmr-emulator and the amp/speaker emulators are especially interesting, would like to hear them!

Yeah He's one of those high integrity kind of guys who is going to do the best he possibly can. [ and incapable of doing just an adequate job ] A couple items were fully prototyped with PCBs until he wanted to add or improve something he discovered. The power amp emulator is one those, we were talking about getting a loud amp sound in any condition and that came out of it, it was done & ready until another idea came up, I can hardly wait for that one!

Greg (okgb) told me he posted here, so I dropped by (thanks Greg). I'm Casey, the guy behind AXiom.

L'Andratte, those three pedals (XFMR Boost, Power Amp Emulator and Speaker Cab Emulator) were probably the most interesting to design because it's a matter of intricately knowing the electronic and physical behaviour of the real things and then designing circuits to mimic them. I was already pretty familiar with tube amp and speaker cab behaviour from things I've worked on in the past, but for the transformer emulator I had to dig out the engineering texts and transformer articles from the 1940s. The XFMR Boost and Power Amp Emulator, as far as I know, are the only ones of their kinds (stand-alone analog pedals that do what they do) so they had to be designed completely from the ground up.

Greg, I'm itching to get back at the PAE, but I have compressors, phasers and vibes to take care of first. Somewhere along there I have to get some more audio demos done and pedals sent out to YouTube reviewers.

Where is the best place here [ and elsewhere if you have good opinions ] to announce or mention a friend's business?
there's nothing in it for me, just worthy products I feel. AXiom Effects by Dominion Audio Electronics

Now this is another discussion does the world need another pedal business? To me I'm surprised that pedals still seem to be going strong. [ and how many different fuzzes can you make ? ] Some are so stuffed with features & digital they may as well be in a rack! I know there's still an 80's rack hangover but I have yet to build a real pedal board for myself. That's another thread " essential " pedals ? I think everyone needs a wah [ or know how to work one! ]

Anyway Casey's a good guy who actually has a E.E. degree and plays gtr so it's a start, doesn't guarantee a hit record though!
Full Tone just announced they are closing

Latest posts

Back